The Indian Army continues success on 8000 meter peaks with succesful summit of
Kangchenjunga this Autumn.
Lt. Colonel S.C. Sharma, who has summited Everest and
Annapurna , lead the expedition. You might recall this team from 2003 when a
Joint Indo-Nepal Army Expedition had 31 of its climbers reach the summit Mt.
Everest and 12 Summit Lhotse
The results: As per the report of Liaision Officer, the
following 6 members and 4 high altitude Sherpas of "Indian Army Kangchenjunga
Expedition 2004 " Team have been successful to scale 8586 meter high Mt.
Kangchenjunga on 10th October, 2004 at 09:55 a.m..
1. Major M.S. Chauhan (35 yrs),The Dogra Regiment, Indian
2. Nb/Sub Mohinder Singh, SC (38 yrs),The Dogra Regiment,
3. Nb/Sub Chhering Norbu Bodh, SC (33 yrs), The Dogra
Regiment Indian Army
4. Nb/Sub Neel Chand, SC (33 yrs), The Dogra Regiment
5. Nk Surender Singh (32 yrs), The Dogra Regiment Indian
6. Lnk Ashok Kumar (27 yrs), The Dogra Regiment Indian Army
7. Mr. Pemba Rinji Sherpa (41 yrs.) Juving-1, Linjekharka,
8. Mr. Damai Chhiri Sherpa (29 yrs.) Juving-9, Khariknola,
9. Mr. Dawa Wongju Sherpa (32 yrs.),Makalau -9, Walung,
10. Mr. Ngima Ongdeki Sherpa (31 yrs) Juving -1, Kharikhola,
The 11 members "Indian Army Kangchenjunga Expedition
204" Team was permitted to climb 8586m. high Mt. Kangchenjunga from South West
Face for the period of 75 days from 23rd August 2004 under the leadership of
Lt. Col. S. C. Sharma, from India.
The handling agency of the Expedition Team is Gateway to the
Himalaya Pvt. Ltd., Gairidhara, Kathmandu Nepal.
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.