Hello Friends, Today the weather conditions are better
than the other days. Today afternoon it had been snow very
few and the weather report said that for Friday and Saturday there will be jet
stream in high altitude and from Sunday the sky should start to be clean....
For that reasons, tomorrow or after tomorrow we will start for our summit
attempt. We have big motivations and energies... Cross the fingers for us,
Today we start for the summit attempt. Today evening we will be at ABC,
tomorrow at 6100 meters at our tend in middle of the north face and than in 2
days of difficult climb in alpine style we will try to reach the main summit
of Baruntse. We will be three persons, me, Denis Urubko and Bruno Tassi (Camors).
The weather forecast said that strong wind will come in the next days but we
don't want to wait more and loose time. Annapurna is waiting me, Denis and
received the bad news about the dead of Patrick Berhault (FRA). We was friends
of Patrick and I and Bruno climbed also with him in Italy in Cornalba. I also
introduced him during his slide show in Lecco and we spent nice time together.
We are very sad for his lost. We will climb and dedicate to him our route (if
we will reach the summit). I hope he will protect us during our attempt....
send you reports by SMS to my wife and she will write to you how is going.....
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.