Stian Voldmo send us this report via email today:
When the Norwegians left BC 30. May, Pepino decided to go
with them, because of his illness. Mickael Parker decided to stay behind, for
one last attempt, together with Singei. He is one of our members climbing
without oxygen, and therefore needs longer time for acclimaticing. Last
rapport from Mick was a satellite telephone call to his father 3. May, where
he told that he was in C1, and had a 2 days window of good weather to make a
push for the summit. He felt fine and was climbing strongly. It takes normally
3 days reaching the summit from C1. Mick is giving his best! We wish him all
the best. Expect to hear from him soon. If he is following the plan he is
going to be in Kathmandu in a couple of days, but his flight from Tumlingtar
could be delayed. Good luck, Mick! -Stian
We (Sven, Brit, Pepino and Stian) arrived Kathmandu 8. May,
but went to Pokhara for 2 days to relax/recover. We are now back in Kathmandu.
Pepino had a check-up at the Swiss Clinic in Kathmandu. He is still feeling
sick, but is getting better by the day.
Sven Gangdal and Dawa Chhiri Sherpa (A) reached the summit,
09.15 April 21st
Gangdal at Makalu summit (8463 m)
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.