Update K2 base camp 6/21/04:
It is snowing since yesterday evening. Thus we had to postpone
our start for the Broad Peak summit attempt until better weather arrives.
Everybody is well but we do not like it to sit in the snowfall at the
beginning of summer.
Chad, Rory and Fred have been starting
for Broad Peak in the night. Yesterday evening I tried to convince them that
it is too dangerous because of avalanches, but they do not have the patience
to stay more than one day in Base camp. I hope they do not have an accident up
there. Today it is only seldom snowing any more and so Peter (Guggemos) and I
went to see the Austrian Expedition at Broad Peak Base camp. They received us
in a very friendly way with Schnaps, Sausages, Bacon and Chocolate. In case
the weather will improve I want to start ascending Broad Peak the day after
tomorrow, but the weather report is bad.
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.