Schreilechner Broad Peak and K2 Expedition 2004 update 3
Update 6/4/2004: I was waking up at 9.00. The road to Skardu
is blocked by local people demonstrating for more Islamic education in
schools. After calling to Islamabad we are supposed to go back there to catch
the next flight. As we were just on leaving news reached us that also the road
to Islamabad was blocked by a landslide. The whole morning there were great
discussions whether to wait here in Chilas or go to Islamabad. The road there
was cleared around 15.00, but we decided to stay one more day whether the road
will be reopened. After lunch I made myself comfortable and had a nice day.
Update 6/6/2004: Islamabad: Yesterday I was unable to
send a dispatch because the Thuraya network is out of operation. As the
situation in the Gilgit Agency did not improve, we have been forced to return
to Islamabad yesterday. We have left Chilas at 14.00 and arrived at Islamabad
at 3.00 in the morning. Today we can do nothing more than waiting. Tomorrow we
are supposed to fly to Skardu, but it is very difficult to catch the plane.
Due to the blocking of the road more than 300 people are waiting to be flown
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.