Update K2 base camp 6/25:
During the night and before lunch it has been snowing a lot. My
tent collapsed again in the morning under the weight of the fresh snow. After
lunch snowing has stopped but it is still dark clouded. Around 14.00 the rest
of our team members arrived, so finally we are more people to wait for better
Update K2 base camp 6/27:
Finally the weather has turned nice. Yesterday evening the
clouds started disappearing and today were a beautiful morning. It is still
very cold and so the snow sticks to the mountain. We hope that there are more
avalanches tomorrow so we can start our ascent on Broad Peak on Tuesday
without playing Russian roulette. Yesterday and today we had meetings of the
expedition leaders to discuss themes like tents, ropes, accidents, the weather
report and radio frequencies. We had a basic agreement on all these tasks,
thus the climate in BC is very good. This afternoon Peter, Fred, Chad, Rory
and I had a separate meeting with the Japan Dosanko Team about the Cesen (SSW)
route. If the conditions on the mountain allow we want to climb it together.
The weather report for the coming week is good, so hope has come back for
making some summits. Three guys from the Austrian Mountain Guides Team have
paid us a visit today and we were talking for a while before they left again
for BP Basecamp.
Digital Altimeter, Barometer, Compass and Thermometer. Time/Date/Alarms.
Chronograph with 24 hour working range. Timer with stop, repeat and up
function. Rotating Bezel. Leveling bubble. Carabiner latch. E.L. 3 second
backlight. Water resistant. 4" x 2-1/4" x 3/4" 2 oz. Requires 1 CR2032
See more here.